Friday, August 17, 2012

It's Really in There!

Sarabeth recited the books of the Bible for me one night while I was lying in bed with her before she went to sleep. She did a great job naming them in order, and I told her, "Sarabeth, I'm so proud of you. It makes me happy that you love Jesus and that you're learning more about the Bible. That's really special for a mother. Actually, there's a verse in the Bible that says 'I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.'"*

Sarabeth giggled and said, "Oh, Mommy, I'm pretty sure you just made that up. It sounds sort of Lucy-ish."

Lucy-ish? Lucy-ish! What does that mean?

It's a real verse, my dear. I'll show it to you in the Bible tomorrow....


*By the way, this real verse is found in 3 John 1:4.

No comments: