Thursday, August 16, 2012

Did you hear my children screaming?

So, being the mean mommy that I am, I have assigned to the children the responsibility of folding and putting away clean laundry. They've been folding and putting away their own laundry for several years -- which they regularly complain about -- but they have a particularly adverse reaction to folding anyone else's laundry, especially Daddy's.

Sarabeth was so offended by folding Daddy's laundry yesterday that she actually called him at work (while Mommy was in the shower) to tell him not to dirty so many clothes, because she just didn't want to have to fold all of his many, many shirts. Daddy was quite amused, having his eight-year-old daughter instruct him on how many items of clothing he could use per week.

Interesting how having to DO the work makes one not want others to CREATE the work. I feel your pain, Sarabeth; I truly do.


No comments: