Thursday, August 23, 2012

Growing Pains

Sarabeth is very proud of being the older child in our family, frequently asserting all of the natural and assumed rights of that position in the birth order. Christopher is gaining on her in height, however, and Sarabeth does not appreciate that her younger brother is basically as tall as she is. She is especially offended that Christopher has a bigger bicycle than she does. She was complaining vehemently about the bicycle issue recently....

Sarabeth: It's SO not fair that Christopher has a bigger bicycle than me! People might think he's older than me! If anyone thinks he's older than me, I'm gonna be SO mad. If someone asks or thinks Christopher is older than me, they're gonna get a piece of me!

Mommy: You mean a piece of your mind?

Sarabeth: Yeah, they're gonna get a piece of my mind!

Watch out, world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the shoes....and the attitude!.....now I'm on the site!