Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Faith of a Child

Sarabeth and Christopher were playing gymnastics, doing their different "stunts," when Christopher invited me to join them: "Mommy, do a tuck jump."

I told him I didn't think I could do a tuck jump (i.e. jump up and kick your legs back and up, so your heels touch your bottom). In fact, I was pretty certain I absolutely could not do a tuck jump.

Christopher responded quickly and encouragingly: "Mommy, the Bible says 'I can do all things through Jesus Christ who gives me strength.' I know you can do a tuck jump. Just try it."

I thought he made a good point, and since I frequently quote that verse to encourage Christopher to TRY things himself, I figured I'd better follow suit. So I tried. And guess what? I can do a tuck jump!




No comments: