Sunday, September 9, 2012

Honoring the Sabbath?

This morning I was so very tired when my alarm clock went off. I got up, stumbled around, and then went to start waking up the children for church. As I sat on Christopher's bed and rubbed his back, he sleepily said: "Mommy, what day is it?" "It's church day," I told him.

Then he rolled over and said, "Well, we can't do any school work today. That would make God unhappy. The Bible says not to do any work on Sunday, and we don't want to disobey God." (sleepy pause) "Why do we call it school work, anyway?"

"Well," I explained, "I think we just use the term 'school work' as a general name for the activities we do during the school day. But I don't think it's really, technically work."

In his groggy voice, Christopher disagreed... "It is if it's hard."




No comments: