Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sweet Thoughts

Christopher received a package of TicTacs for Christmas from one of his teachers at church. He thought he was big stuff, with his very own package of TicTacs.

Being the generous, thoughtful boy that he is, he loves sharing his candy with others. One day he told me, "Mommy, I left you a Tic-Toe on the nightmare by your bed."

Sometimes he gets words mixed up.

One Saturday morning, both children came in our room and got into bed with Chet and me when they woke up. We had a nice little family time together as we talked and cuddled.

Christopher: "Sarabeth, please give me one of those TicTacs over there on Mommy's nightstand. (He got it right this time!) I want to give one to Daddy."

Sarabeth: "I can't believe you've wasted your whole box of TicTacs on your parents!"

Christopher: "Well, I wanted to. I wanted to be generous. Plus, I tried one and I didn't like it."

Daddy: "I felt special until that last sentence."


No comments: