Thursday, June 13, 2013

One-Track Mind

In school this week, we're reading And the Word Came with Power by Joanne Shetler, chronicling her life's journey as a missionary to the Balangao people in the Philippines.

Yesterday, I read....

"I joined Wycliffe Bible Translators that summer. Several months later, machete in handbag and..."

Christopher interrupts: Where was her machete?

Mommy: In her handbag.

I continue reading: "Several months later, machete in handbag and duffel bag over my shoulder..."

Christopher interrupts: Where did she get her machete?

Mommy: I don't know. It doesn't say.

I continue reading: "...machete in handbag and duffel bag over my shoulder, I..."

Christopher interrupts: How long was her machete? How did she get it in her handbag?

Mommy: I don't know, Christopher. It doesn't say.

I continue reading: "... machete in handbag and duffel bag over my shoulder, I..."

Christopher interrupts: Did her machete have a sheath?

Mommy: I DON'T KNOW, CHRISTOPHER. ALL I KNOW ABOUT HER MACHETE IS WHAT IT SAYS IN THIS SENTENCE. SHE HAD A MACHETE IN HER HANDBAG. THAT'S ALL I KNOW! CAN WE PLEASE READ ON?

This is my life.

Photo Credit: Internet

Photo Credit: Internet



No comments: