Sunday, October 14, 2012

Yummy Stuff My Kids Won't Eat

Roasted Butternut Squash

1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped into chunks (seeds removed)
1 TBSP butter (or more... up to 4 TBSP)
1 TBSP olive oil (or more)
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBSP fresh parsley, minced
salt and pepper, to taste

Mix butternut squash chunks with olive oil, minced garlic, minced parsley, salt, and pepper in casserole dish. Bake at 400 degrees for thirty minutes or so, until squash is tender. Add butter halfway through cooking time and toss with squash pieces so they brown on both sides.

P.S. The more butter you use, the yummier this tastes... but I'm trying to save calories, so I used only 1 TBSP butter and 1 TBSP olive oil. Still wonderful!

P.S.S. I adapted this recipe from one I received from my friend Laura Christophel last Christmas.


2 comments:

Latisha said...

My husband has a recipe for squash soup that starts out that way - diced and roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper. We both discovered how yummy it was just like that! Needless to say, we always "sample" quite a bit of it before it becomes soup.

Sherry said...

I have been making butternut squash "fries" lately. So yummy. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle on chili powder and sea salt. So good!