Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Latest Obsession

The Dukes of Hazzard.

I used to love "The Dukes of Hazzard" when I was growing up. A few months ago, I made the mistake of telling Sarabeth and Christopher about the show, and now they are crazy about it, watching it all the time, playing "Dukes" every day, yelling "yee-haw" and forever singing the tune of the General Lee's horn ("Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton!"). I never thought I'd hear myself say, "No, please! Don't make me watch 'The Dukes of Hazzard' again!" It's a lot dumber now than it was thirty years ago....

Sarabeth as "Luke Duke"
Zoe as "Daisy Duke"
Christopher as "Bo Duke"

Sarabeth's self-designed "Dukes of Hazzard" t-shirt

The 1979 TV show starred Catherine Bach,
John Schneider, Tom Wopat, Denver Pyle,
Ben Jones, James Best, and Sorrel Booke....
in case you wondered.

No comments: