Sunday, September 8, 2013

Civil War Days

This weekend marks the annual Civil War Muster at Holland's Van Raalte Farm. Sarabeth and Christopher passionately look forward to this event every year. Sarabeth loves all the beautiful dresses the ladies wear, and Christopher loves the guns and the battle re-enactment.

Last night, Sarabeth and I even went to the Civil War Ball together. A Union soldier asked Sarabeth to dance, but she declined. After he walked away, she said, "I don't want to dance with a boy. Boys are gross." I hope she feels that way for a long time yet! She had a great time dancing with some wonderful teenage girls she knows. What a lovely evening!

My Union soldier and my Southern Belle

Isn't she lovely?

At the Cavalry Camp

At the Civil War Ball -- even President Lincoln joined in the dancing!

The Union soldier who asked Sarabeth to dance

My beautiful little Southern Belle at the ball!

No comments: