Sunday, April 7, 2013

Menace at the Wheel

Three-year-old Christopher loved riding toys; he loved "driving" things. He was especially enthralled with "Gators," the little green John Deere riding toys -- or the larger utility versions for adults. At a friend's house one day, he was allowed to sit in the driver's seat of their Gator. Unable to contain his excitement, he quickly turned it on and drove away before I could stop him. Just as a note, a driver with no training or instructions (and no fear!) is a dangerous person. As I tried to get Christopher to stop, he literally ran me over with the Gator. Knocked me down, knocked my shoes off, hurt me. Ugh! When I fussed at him later, privately, he said, "Me driving; you should get out of the way."


I guess it could have been worse....





No comments: