Sunday, December 30, 2012

Resourcefulness

A co-worker of Chet's sent our family a wonderful Harry & David "Tower of Treats" for Christmas... Moose Munch, gourmet pears, chocolate covered cherries, mixed nuts, and -- my personal favorite -- chocolate truffles! All of this arrived in a tower of individual gift boxes, carefully packaged into one larger cardboard box. As I unpacked our treats, Christopher saw me pull out the interior cardboard contraption that keeps all the smaller boxes in place during shipping and he immediately begged, "Can I have that? I can use that as a castle for my figurines!"

We've been studying the Middle Ages and life in Medieval times in school recently, and we've learned all about knights and castles and such. I was delighted to see Christopher put our lessons into action with his cardboard castle (to which he added some extra cardboard parts and lots of tape). Hooray for cardboard boxes!







No comments: